Skip to main content

Last year, I took over a clothing brand’s email marketing strategy. 

In the first 6 months, I 25x’d revenue. 

Here’s the exact strategy:


Brand: can’t disclose

Niche: clothing

Problem: no email strategy in place, (only an underperforming abandoned cart)

literally, they were leaving millions on the table by not taking email marketing seriously…

I took over and did this:

  1. Installed pop-up offering a freebie and asking for name and email right off the bat, this pop-up started converting at a 12%. 
  2. Crafted the following flows. 
  • Welcome ( 5 emails & 1 SMS).
  • Abandoned cart ( 4 emails & 2 SMS).
  • Browse abandonment ( 4 emails).
  • Abandoned check-out ( 4 emails).
  • Post-purchase ( 6 emails).
  • Customer win-back ( 4 emails).
  • VIP (3 emails).

the best converting flows in this account were the welcome flow ( $4 per recipient) and the abandoned cart flow ($3 per recipient).

These 2 flows attributed most of the flow revenue.


  1. Campaigns

First, I came up with 10 segments.

( 6 segments out of a «highly-engaged» tier and 4 other segments out of a «win-back» tier).

We sent 22 emails to our highly engaged segments and 8 emails to our win-back segments per month.

My goals for each email were: 

  • keep Open rates between 15% and 25%.
  • CTR higher than 1%.
  • revenue per recipient higher than $1

in terms of content, I  took a value-based approach for 90% of the emails and a promotional approach for the other 10%.

Keys to my success:

  • awesome products & customer service.
  • lots of website traffic.
  • no email marketing, prior to my management (huge opportunity).
  • brand was already doing Ms per month, so it was quite easy to bump their revenue with email And here’s some proof of my claims.

Before vs after