Last year, I took over an underwear brand’s email marketing strategy.
In the first 12 months, I 15x’d revenue.
Here’s the exact strategy:
Background Brand: can’t disclose Niche: Women’s underwear Problem: poor email strategy Literally, they were leaving millions on the table by not taking email marketing seriously… I took over and did this:
- Throughout the year, I installed multiple pop-ups that had 13%+ sign-up rates,
these were some of the baits I used
- Freebie with 1st purchase
- 15% OFF in the next 2 purchases
- $10 OFF for life
- VIP access
- FREE shipping for life
- Get X for free
- Crafted the following flows.
- Abandoned cart
- Browse abandonment
- Site abandonment
- Abandoned check-out
- Customer win-back
- Birthday flow
- Because you clicked
- Because you opened
- Cross-sell / Upsell flow
- Campaigns I came up with mutiple segments. 6 segments out of a «highly-engaged» tier 4 segments out of a «win-back» tier 3 segments out re-engagement
I’ve been sending +/- 44 emails per month.
sending 75% of the emails to the highly engaged audience 20% to the win-back tier and 5% to the re engagement segment
My goals for each email are:
- keep open rates between 15% and 25%
- CTR higher than 1%
- revenue per recipient higher than $1
in terms of content, I took a value-based approach for 80% of the emails and a promotional approach for the other 20%
Keys to my success:
- great products & customer service
- lots of website traffic
- no email marketing before my management (huge opportunity)
- the brand was already doing Ms per month, so it was quite easy to bump their revenue with email
Now… if you’re making over 40k/mo and would want me to take over your email marketing strategy.
Feel free to book a free scaling session with me.
I’ll analyze your store and see if my services would be a good fit for you.