1 Welcome Series 3-5 emails Delivering sign-up incentive introducing products or categories Establishing brand voice and ethos It should be customized for purchasers vs. non-purchasers
- Browse abandonment 2-3 emails Highlighting recently browsed items alongside dynamic product recommendations to help shoppers find the right product for them
- Cart abandonment This flow captures users who add to the cart but do not start the checkout. You should send 3 emails dynamically displaying carted products and nudging to checkout.
- Checkout abandonment 3 emails Featuring exact products left behind Address potential barriers to purchase (avoid leading with discounts)
- Non-purchaser 3+ emails Post-welcome series to educate and entice users who have yet to order; potentially incentivize beyond the sign-up discount to motivate first purchase.
- Low or back in stock 1 email per product For popular products, low-stock warnings create exclusivity and scarcity; send back-in-stock alerts to interested shoppers.
- Post-purchase 6-8 emails Expressing gratitude Including FAQs Giving value related to the items purchased Giving special incentives to buy a second product (segment for new vs. returning customers)
- Cross-sell or Upsell 3-5 emails Promoting commonly purchased-together products, or similar products
- Re-engagement 3 emails Target subscribers who haven’t opened or clicked within 90-180 days and give them special incentives to come back; suppress non-engagers to maintain list health.
- Review request 2 emails Asking for UGC or reviews in exchange for a discount
- Loyalty Every time a customer meets a milestone, send an email with a reward Ex: the customer has purchased 5 times, you give them a 50%off discount the customer has spent $500 in all-time purchases, you give a product for free opened 5 emails, you give a special access
- Winback 3 emails To purchasers who haven’t come back within 60 to 90 days, depending on the typical repurchase rate; feature new products or incentives for return.
Now… if you’re making over 40k/mo and would want me to take over your email and SMS marketing strategy feel free to book a free scaling session with me. I’ll analyze your store with you and see if my services would be a good fit for you.